Thursday, April 23, 2009

How To View Food

I had an awakening last night about food addiction and how to deal with it. The reality is for a lot of people being addicted to food is a very real problem. I realized last night that I will not be able to deal with my weight until I change how I view food. Food is not my friend it is my enemy. It is like the alcoholic who relishes in the friendship of the bottle until one day he wakes up and realizes that his "best friend" is slowly killing him. Until that realization is made there is no hope that the alcoholic will stop drinking.

It is the same with food. If I want to limit my calories to get healthy I have got to realize that food is not my friend. It is a seductive mistress whose main goal is to ruin my health. The problem with food is that you can't go completely cold turkey like alcohol and drugs. You must eat some everyday because if you don't you will face a much sooner death than waiting for your arteries to clog up. This probably means I need to focus my thoughts more.

It is not food that is the enemy it is unhealthy food. I can go cold turkey off of high fat, high calorie, high carb foods and shun them just like the alcoholic must shun his or her favorite drink. The alcoholic doesn't stop drinking all liquids, just the ones the cause problems. The ones that contain alcohol.

With the right nutritional supplements and healthy meals I can combat and defeat this most worthy enemy. Just like the alcoholic who can't afford just one drink, I can't afford one bite of unhealthy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment