Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What Can Anorexia Teach Us

I have been doing some reading about anorexia lately to see how it fits into my fight with food addiction fight. The interesting thing is anorexics are preoccupied with food just like I am. Only they are preoccupied with doing anything possible to not put food in their mouths. I am preoccupied with the joy and relief I get from putting food in my mouth.
Yesterday I tried a trick from Alcholic's Anonymous. I told myself I just had to get through that one day without getting something from the snack machine. That is all I focused on was getting through the one day. I made it. I looked at the machine several times but I did not stop and put my money in. I was able to control the monkey on my back for that one day. This was success.
When I got home though I over ate. I was craving cheddar cheese. I ate too much. But then I did not eat the rest of the night which was a victory. Normally I eat a meal when I get home and then later about 7:00 pm I eat dinner. This is after a very small breakfast and basically no lunch. This is not a good way to operate I know. I need to balance my eating out better.
Today my goal is again to not get into the snack machine. I know I can do it because I did it yesterday.
I am craving protein again right now and I am not sure why. I must get something from that I just know what it is. If I get that shot of protein or carbs I feel great and I am off to the races. I can't stop eating the rest of the day.
We can combat these food addictions with the help of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment